About the WRLA
Serving the needs and promoting the common interests of the Canadian Lumber, building materials and hardgoods industry in Western Canada.
The Western Retail Lumber Association Inc. today is comprised of almost 1,200 member firms involved in the building supply industry in Western Canada. The WRLA represents the interests of members in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, NW Ontario, Yukon, and Nunavut, providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and information in the industry.
We are one of the largest building materials associations in Western Canada. Membership with the WRLA provides a unique opportunity for businesses involved in the retail lumber, building materials, and hardgoods industry to grow their business by reaching a highly targeted and receptive audience.
- WRLA Members like to do business with fellow WRLA Members. Take advantage of the ways you can help your business grow. The WRLA Buying Show is our biggest event of the year and millions of dollars of sales take place on the show floor.
- The WRLA has a framework to support member needs - from connecting to students to encourage new talent to the industry, to providing education courses to maintain skills, to being an advocate for the industry locally and nationally. Our NexGEN programs connects companies to students. Our Education courses offer numerous in-person and online classes to maintain and develop skills.
- Your network is your most valuable asset. To keep your network alive and your business top of mind, it is important to find ways to connect. The WRLA hosts numerous networking events throughout the year, including member meet-ups, the Buying Show (and all events held during that week), education course, student tours, golf tournaments, and more.
- Rebates for training, travel, and accommodation are available.
- Exclusive Buying Show deals for retailers.
- Insurance and benefits plans for all members.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about membership.